Monday 31 May 2010

Eight key take away from Patch Adams....

Eight key take aways from Patch Adams movie apart from how much humor and caring means...

Conditioned minds

We are real individual. Then somewhere along the way we are drawn to conform. It is as if we are conditioned by programmed responses. But sometimes you can alter the programmed response...  just by changing some of the conditions, altering the parameters. The goal is to break thru programmed responses by changing normal parameters... and getting a new emotional response from the person. 

Death

The last breath. Paying a debt to nature. The big sleep. God's way of saying "Slow down" To check out. To shuffle of this mortal coil. To head for the happy hunting ground. To blink for an exceptionally long period of time. To find oneself without breath. 

A new approach to facing problems

They helped me realize that by helping them i could forget my own problems. And I did. I really helped some of them and for the first time in my life I forgot my own problems.

Love

I love you without knowing how...

or from when or from where.

I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride. 

I love you because I know no other way than this. 

So close that your hand on my chest is my hand. 

So close that when you close your eyes... 

I fall asleep. 

Conversation with god

So what now, huh,

What do you want from me?

Yeah i could do it.

We both know you wouldnt stop me

So answer me, please.

Tell me what you are doing.

Okay let's look at the logic.

You create man

Man suffers enormous amounts of pain

Man dies.

Maybe you should have had just a few more brainstorming sessions... prior to creating.

You rested on the seventh day.

Maybe you should have spent that day on "compassion"

You know what.

You're not worth it.

Everyone can be a Doctor

Everyone is in need of some form of physical or mental help. They are patients. But also every person who comes to the ranch is in charge of taking care of someone else... Whethere its cooking for them, cleaning them... or even as simple a taks as listening. That makes them doctors. I use that term broadly but us not a doctor someone who helps someone else? Doctors offer counsel and hope.

Indifference

What is wrong with death sir? What are we so mortally afraid of? Why cant we treat death with a certain amount of humanity and dignity and decency... and god forbid, maybe even humor? Death is not the enemy gentlemen. If we are gonna fight a disease, let's fight one of the most terrible disease of all... "INDIFFERENCE" 

Cultivate friendship

Transference is inevitable, sir. Every human being has an impact on another. Dont let them numb you out to the miracle of life. Always lvie in awe of the glorious mechanism of the human body. Let that be the focus of you studies and not a quest for grades... Dont wait till you are on the ward to get your humanity back. Start your interviewing skills. Start talking to strangers. Talk to your friends. Talk to wrong numbers, everyone. And cultivate friendships...

Posted via web from 2rams's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment