Monday 8 February 2010

My Love Hate experience with god

Something interesting happened today. I reached home by evening 4 a bit tired and exhausted. Me at home by 4 p.m is a grand thing on its own, I had bonus too. I felt tired and slept off for couple of hours... oye... It has been quite a long time since I got some nice sleep and this has been a luxury given my busy schedule :-)

I woke up around 7 lazing in the bed. All of a sudden I felt an impulse to go to the Marudeeswarar temple at Thiruvanmiyur http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marundeeswarar_Temple I had stopped going to temples couple of years back except for the occasions when I had to accompany my parents. Mine was a love/hate relationship with god given the mystery man/woman he/she is. A mystery that always leaves you with more questions than answers.

I lazed myself in the bed refusing to yield to the impulse. A funny sms my friend Santhan sent came to my mind “Limited period offer, super figures come to temple for the next 30 days during the margazhi month. So go to temple early and enjoy, assured one handful of sundal.”

I refused to yield in to my temptations for sundal or super figures and also the unknown curiosity that was slowly building up. Finally I decided to step out of home to avoid the gyan my dad was giving me to deposit my credit card cheque on time. As I prepared to leave I was getting more curios as to what was tempting me to go to temple today.

I left my home by 8 to deposit the cheque. I didn't know what to do after that as it was too early for me to get back to home. Finally I decided to yield in to the temptation at least to pass the time.

As I entered inside the temple I saw a huge line of devotees standing. I said to god forget it, no way am I going to stand in this line and visit you and prepared myself to return back. That is when I noticed something, the sannidhi in the temple was closed and people standing in que was to get prasads that were being distributed. Without any second thought I went and stood along with them, cant afford to miss the yummy pongal after going all the way hi... hi... hi...

Later learned that the temple closes early during this month as they open it very early. Looks like gods also need rest. After eating the pongal I went around the outer prahar of temple cursing god for devising such an ingenious way to create a curiosity in me to meet him and yet not meet me. As I completed the round the priest once again gave me the last spoon of prasad that was left. It looked as if the last spoon was kept for me and yes it tasted yummy too. This time it was panchamirtham.

I came out from the temple once again with lot more questions than answers vouching not to come again. Given my love/hate relationship with god I don't know what is there in store for me next, but it is really tempting the pongal and panchamirtham.

P.S: For those curious to know if I came across any super figures, no I didn't even come across a sappa figure or may be I didn't notice as I was engrossed in my own thoughts trying to decipher the secret message, if at all there was one.

 

Posted via web from 2rams's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment